Friday, March 1, 2019

Group Meeting & Genre Crisis

Hi!

Today we had our first group meeting which was pretty cool. I really liked the people in my group as I felt we all shared similar ideas. They helped me a lot with coming up with an idea for my film opening.

Conor, one of the members of my group, helped me think of a way to have some sort of build up in a film opening similar to the one in Halloween. He gave me the idea of having a news report on the television in the house that the "killer" is walking through reporting that a serial killer is on the loose, in order to give the audience that 2 + 2 effect as mentioned in the TedTalk we watched in class.

Two other people in my group were thinking of going down the horror/thriller route, so we were all able to help each other. I look forward to meeting with them again soon.

I thought more about what I wanted to do for my film opening and had a bit of a genre crisis.

Image result for point break robbery
Point Break (1991)
I really like the idea of doing an action film opening as well. Specifically, a robbery scene. The only difficulties I think I would have is finding a place to carry this scene out. I was thinking a diner or a gas station. Obviously trying to film this at a bank would be close to impossible.

I think doing a robbery scene would give me the opportunity to implement a lot of different shots & angles to make my opening more enticing for the audience.

I really enjoy robbery scenes in film which is why I was thinking of possibly going down this route, despite the possible difficulties. One of the best known film openings is a bank robbery from The Dark Knight. I need to think about this a little more though.


Here are some of my favorite robbery scenes that I have taken notes from for a possible action film opening:

Point Break (1991): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k82puCxjmAA

The Dark Knight: (2008):  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yqvbv-SB4bg

The Town (2010): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hOsJ7jLRQq4


No comments:

Post a Comment

Final Product!

Well, here is my film opening titled "Misfit." I'm proud of her :'-) I hope you enjoy and thank you for following me on ...