Friday, March 22, 2019

Notes

Hello!

So I'm at a drama competition in Tampa right now so unfortunately, I can't work on my project too much at the moment. In that case, this blog post will mostly just consist of notes and thoughts I have in my head for the opening.

I'm going to give a layout of the scene:

So the scene is going to start off with a blank screen with a quote appearing on the screen. The quotes I liked the most from one of my previous blog posts were:

“Maybe there is a beast… maybe it's only us.” 
― William Golding, Lord of the Flies


"Inside each of us, there is the seed of both good and evil. It's a constant struggle as to which one will win. And one cannot exist without the other."
- Eric Burdon


"These violent delights have violent ends."
- William Shakespeare, Romeo and Juliet


I'm such an indecisive person so I have no idea which one to pick! I like the Romeo and Juliet quote cause it's kind of a nod to my mise-en-scene elements of the 1996 film. So continuing with my layout:


After the quote fades from the screen, the screen is still going to be black when the main character's monologue starts. The screen will be black for a few seconds before the scene cuts to the main character (a guy) sitting on a bench or in the grass looking off into the distance. His monologue will continue playing in the back. The scene will then cut and continuously switch to the main character and his friends planning a robbery in a garage. There will be a whiteboard in the back where they are planning everything. The scene will cut back to the guy looking off into the distance perhaps filmed from behind him and then cut to the guy and his friends in a car. It is implied the robbers are talking about the robbery and are acting it out, with the monologue still playing in the background. The scene will cut back to the guy looking off in the distance one last time, then cut to the robbers getting out of the car with the main focus on the main character. As the main character shuts the door, the screen will go black with the title of the film appearing on the screen.


Well that's my layout of the scene, can't wait to start filming!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Final Product!

Well, here is my film opening titled "Misfit." I'm proud of her :'-) I hope you enjoy and thank you for following me on ...