Sunday, March 17, 2019

More Planning

Hello!

So I have a vision in my head of what I want for my film opening now. I want my film opening to be fairly quiet, maybe with some background music. I want it to start off with a black screen and a quote appearing on the screen. I want the quote to have something to do with my character and the overall "film." I will leave some of the ideas I have for quotes below:

“Maybe there is a beast… maybe it's only us.” 
William Golding, Lord of the Flies

"No man chooses evil because it's evil. He only mistakes it for happiness, the good he seeks."
- Mary Wollstonecraft

"Man's nature is not essentially evil. Brute nature has been known to yield to the influence of love. You must ever despair of human nature."
- Gandhi

"It's a man's own mind, not his enemy or foe, that lures him to evil ways."
- Buddha 

"Inside each of us, there is the seed of both good and evil. It's a constant struggle as to which one will win. And one cannot exist without the other."
- Eric Burdon


"These violent delights have violent ends."
- William Shakespeare, Romeo and Juliet

Some movies that I know of that begin with quotes are Kill Bill, Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas, and the Breakfast Club. I like the idea of a quote at the beginning of my opening as I feel it sets the tone for the rest of the opening/film. 

After the quote appears on the screen, the actual opening will start with the voiceover of my character talking about himself and why he is the way he is. The scenes will possibly be of the main character walking around or sitting somewhere looking off into the distance.  I want the audience to really feel as if they are inside my character's head. Between these scenes will be scenes of them planning the robbery. I pretty much have all my ideas sorted out now and it's just a matter of me putting them into a script and into a storyboard.

I'll update you all on my progress!
Image result for kill bill quote
Kill Bill: Volume 1 (2003)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Final Product!

Well, here is my film opening titled "Misfit." I'm proud of her :'-) I hope you enjoy and thank you for following me on ...