Saturday, March 9, 2019

Robbery Representation in Film

Hello!

I have been doing some more research on robberies and how they are portrayed in films.

Specifically, I watched a YouTube video on how bank heists are portrayed in film. The video was very interesting and informative as it went over various elements that are typically seen in bank heist scenes in movies.

The video went over mise-en-scene elements that directors use and how they use these elements to create the perfect bank heist scene. The narrator went over architecture and how it affects the scene itself and the effect it has on the audience.


The video mentioned some things I was thinking of putting in my film opening, such as how in various films, robbers will stand on counters and talk to the people in the bank.
Image result for public enemies bank robbery scene
Public Enemies (2009)


In most of the bank heist films, guns were used. This has been another thing I've had to consider: weapons. I was thinking of using a gun because I don't think a knife would have the same effect in a scene like this. However, I want to make the gun at least look real so I need to figure out a way to do this, perhaps with spray paint or tape.

I'm going to be editing and adding to my storyboard in the following days so I can really sort out my shots and also think of editing techniques that I want to implement into my film opening. My friend Yejin told me about this interesting software called Storyboarder. I checked it out and the features are really cool as it lets you upload the script of your film or scene and it will create a storyboard for you. I plan on using this software to aid me in the process of planning.

Tomorrow I plan on starting my script for the scene which is going to take some time since I have so many ideas that I want to add to the scene. I'll keep you updated on the script and the writing process!


Here is the link to the video I watched on how bank heists are portrayed in film: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X8anrKWFCMk

No comments:

Post a Comment

Final Product!

Well, here is my film opening titled "Misfit." I'm proud of her :'-) I hope you enjoy and thank you for following me on ...