Thursday, March 28, 2019

Song

Hi!

So something really cool happened today.

There's a song I've been listening to a lot lately that I like by this artist who isn't too well-known. The artist's name is Odie and the song is called Little Lies. Well, I thought the song fit well with what I am envisioning in my head for my film opening but I remembered we have to use royalty free music unless we literally personally ask the artist themselves if we can use their song. I really like the song so I thought, what the heck I'll tweet Odie and see if he answers, which I didn't think he will.

So, I tweeted him and asked if I could use his song in my school project. I wasn't expecting a reply, but it was worth a shot. I was checking my twitter the next day (today) and saw I had a message. Odie actually replied to my tweet! And he gave me permission to use his song in my opening! How cool is that? I was so happy he replied and I was really thankful too. Not only did he give me permission to use his song, but he asked if I could send him the opening when I'm all done. I thought that was very nice of him, so I'm gonna make sure to support him and his music in the future.

With that being said, I have my music for the film opening squared away so that's one less weight on my shoulder.

:-)



No comments:

Post a Comment

Final Product!

Well, here is my film opening titled "Misfit." I'm proud of her :'-) I hope you enjoy and thank you for following me on ...