Sunday, March 3, 2019

Adding to the storyboard

Hi!

Today, I started working on my storyboard for the robbery film opening idea I have. I might create a separate storyboard for the horror movie idea, just to compare the two.

I am still not completely sure of which genre I want to go for, but I need to choose quickly so I have enough time to do the right planning.

I feel like I'm leaning towards the robbery idea because I think it will give me the opportunity to implement more shots/angles and editing techniques. I don't want a boring film opening, which is what I'm afraid might happen with a horror movie opening, considering I only have two minutes and it might be easier to get more action in two minutes with a robbery scene.
Also, knowing there's a good chance I can use my friend's family-owned gas station could make the process of going down that route slightly easier.

I still need to add more shots to my storyboard as I am still unsure of how I want the whole scene to go.




I'm not the best at drawing so it's a little difficult to tell from the storyboard what exactly my vision is but I have a couple ideas of how I want the scene to go.

I'm either going to have just a normal robbery scene or possibly someone intervening on the robbery, leading the audience to find out the focus of the "film" is the person who intervenes. I was thinking of having a fight sequence ensue, which can be extremely difficult to film but would give me the opportunity to implement lots of cool shots.

I'm not gonna lie, I'm feeling a little stressed on what I should do for my film opening. I'm so stuck in between the horror opening and the action opening. The action film opening will be more difficult I think, however, I think it would be better in terms of shots, angles, and editing that could really grasp the audience's attention.

I still have a lot of thinking to do, hopefully, I will have my final decision soon!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Final Product!

Well, here is my film opening titled "Misfit." I'm proud of her :'-) I hope you enjoy and thank you for following me on ...