Tuesday, March 5, 2019

Mise-en-scène


Hello!

Since I've been leaning towards the whole gas station robbery idea, I've thought about some of the mise-en-scene elements, specifically the costumes.

I kind of liked the costumes seen in Baz Luhrmann's Romeo and Juliet. The colors that the characters were wearing really pop and draw attention to them. Colors are important to me in a scene, especially in a scene with an action sequence. A gas station really gives me the opportunity to use various colors to my advantage.


Image result for romeo and juliet baz luhrmann
Romeo + Juliet (1996)


Image result for romeo and juliet baz luhrmann
Romeo + Juliet (1996)



I read an interesting article that was solely based on the style in Baz Luhrmann's version of Romeo and Juliet. I took some inspiration from that article and wrote it down along with some notes I have regarding the project.

Here is the link to the article that I read: https://www.grailed.com/drycleanonly/romeo-and-juliet-style

The singer Halsey came out with an album based on the whole Baz Luhrmann Romeo and Juliet theme. Her music video for her song "Bad at Love" uses some of the elements I noted in Luhrmann's film. I really enjoyed the mise-en-scene of her music video and drew some inspiration from that as well. I liked the costumes of the girls featured in the video and would like to implement a similar style in my opening.

I really enjoy the whole aesthetic of both Halsey and Baz Luhrmann's vision of Romeo and Juliet. The costumes really appeal to me and in my opinion, are appealing to the eye. I think using this style of mise-en-scene can help my scene grab the audience's attention better, rather than using dark or dull colors.


Image result for halsey bad at love video
Bad at Love Music Video- Halsey

I will give the costumes some more thought and post my thoughts in the days following!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Final Product!

Well, here is my film opening titled "Misfit." I'm proud of her :'-) I hope you enjoy and thank you for following me on ...