Thursday, February 28, 2019

Planning!!

Wow! I'm extremely excited to say I've officially started planning for my film opening for my portfolio project!

I think I have decided to stick with the horror genre for my film opening, as it is my favorite genre and will help me enjoy the process even more.

I have decided to film the opening with both a more professional camera and my iPhone.


The thing I am most worried about the most when creating this project is falling into clichés. I don't want my opening to be so predictable, that it is boring and uncreative. I have been watching various horror movie openings to see which ones I like most. I like the openings of both Scream and the Shining, however I'm not sure how I would be able to film an opening like the Shining.

Image result for the shining opening




Another opening I liked that could be easier is an opening like Halloween. I like that suspenseful opening feel the really sets off the start of a horror film.

Another difficult thing I have thought about is managing to fit all my ideas into a two minute video. I think this is going to be the hardest part. Therefore, I have to make sure all the editing is concise and that I fit all the important parts in that need to be in the opening.

I will continue to plan throughout the week but I just wanted to share some of my ideas and research I have done!

That's all for today :-)

I included the link to the opening of Halloween down below:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nnWw060ygG8


Sources:
The Shining Opening Scene: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y7CPQgNUtFk

No comments:

Post a Comment

Final Product!

Well, here is my film opening titled "Misfit." I'm proud of her :'-) I hope you enjoy and thank you for following me on ...